Steve Moore: Fearless Leader
The Baltimore based Internet Marketing company's secrets.
The Thirty Major Causes of Failure.
Napoleon Hill has a great list of reasons behind failure in his book "Think and Grow Rich".
Here is that list (and modern translations by us if necessary)
1.UNFAVORABLE HEREDITARY BACKGROUND. (lack of intelligence)
- 2. LACK OF A WELL-DEFINED PURPOSE IN LIFE. (lack of an actual, attainable goal.)
- 3. LACK OF AMBITION TO AIM ABOVE MEDIOCRITY. (Lack of a dream)
- 4. INSUFFICIENT EDUCATION. (This means knowledge... not schooling)
- 5. LACK OF SELF-DISCIPLINE.
- 6. ILL HEALTH. (I eat Micky D's, never excesize, and don't breathe properly)
- 7. UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCES DURING CHILDHOOD. (Birds of a feather flock together.)
- 8. PROCRASTINATION.
- 9. LACK OF PERSISTENCE. (Quitters never win, and winners never quit)
- 10.NEGATIVE PERSONALITY.
- 11. LACK OF CONTROLLED SEXUAL URGE. (Bill Clinton)
- 12. UNCONTROLLED DESIRE FOR “SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.”
- 13. LACK OF A WELL DEFINED POWER OF DECISION.
- 14. ONE OR MORE OF THE 6 BASIC FEARS. (Poverty, Criticism, Ill health, Jealousy, Old age, Death. Fear is paralizing.)
- 15. WRONG SELECTION OF A MATE IN MARRIAGE. (Your spouse WILL make or break you.)
- 16. OVER-CAUTION. (no risk, no reward)
- 17. WRONG SELECTION OF ASSOCIATES IN BUSINESS.
- 18. SUPERSTITION AND PREJUDICE.
- 19. WRONG SELECTION OF A VOCATION. (Sometimes people open a business because they think they can make money. They should really only open a business if they are passionate about the subject.)
- 20. LACK OF CONCENTRATION OF EFFORT.
- 21. THE HABIT OF INDISCRIMINATE SPENDING.
- 22. LACK OF ENTHUSIASM.
- 23. INTOLERANCE. (Closed-minded)
- 24. INTEMPERANCE. (Drunks, drug addicts, gluttons, etc...)
- 25. INABILITY TO COOPERATE WITH OTHERS.
- 26. POSSESSION OF POWER THAT WAS NOT ACQUIRED THROUGH SELF EFFORT. (Think Paris Hilton, and then contrast that to Peter Buffett.)
- 27. INTENTIONAL DISHONESTY.
- 28. EGOTISM AND VANITY.
- 29. GUESSING INSTEAD OF THINKING. (Get the FACTS straight before acting.)
- 30. LACK OF CAPITAL. (Very common for people not to find sufficient starting capital, but for most businesses, this does not apply)